Nidec Machine Tool to Exhibit Its Metal 3D Printer, LAMDA Series, at RAPID + TCT 2022 in the US to Appeal Its Cutting-edge Monitoring System and Local Shield Nozzles
Nidec Corporation announced today that Nidec Machine Tool Corporation (“Nidec Machine Tool”), one of its subsidiaries, will exhibit its LAMDA series, a deposition-type metal 3D printer, at RAPID + TCT 2022, the largest 3D printing trade show in North America, in Detroit from May 17 – 19.
- The exhibits will include some of the world’s largest aluminum alloy molding samples and scale-down molding samples of rocket engine nozzles.
- New technologies will be unveiled at RAPID + TCT 2022, a trade show to be held in Detroit this month.
Nidec Machine Tool will unveil its monitoring system and local shield nozzles, both of which have evolved since their debut at the same fair in 2019. Establishing the technologies has enabled Nidec Machine Tool to further stabilize its molding quality and make larger objects. At RAPID + TCT 2022, Nidec Machine Tool will display samples to showcase these technological achievements to appeal them to those in the aerospace, energy, and auto industries.
Samples to be exhibited (technologies to be revealed):
- Some of the world’s largest aluminum alloy molding samples LAMDA2000, large equipment, has enabled Nidec Machine Tool to produce 1,160mm-tall aluminum alloy molding samples.
- Molding samples of complex-shape rocket engine nozzles’ scale-down models .The advanced monitoring system performs complex-shape, high-accuracy molding.
- State-of-the-art local shield nozzles with enhanced shield performance.The optimized shield gas jet expands the shield region area up to 45 times the conventional size.
- The deposition type is a technology to spray powder consecutively from a nozzle, and deliver laser to melt or coagulate the powder. Compared with the powder bed type, which presses metal powder into a tank (bed) to create a form, this new technology can shape a form more than 10 times faster. In addition, the deposition type, which does not use a metal powder tank, can create large shapes that the powder bed technology cannot. Further, in addition to these technologies, one can better stabilize molding quality and make large-size components by utilizing the monitoring feedback and local shield functions that Nidec Machine Tool has developed independently.
- The monitoring feedback function utilizes cameras and sensors to monitor molding conditions, and, based on the results of the monitoring, controls laser output and other molding conditions real-time to melt and coagulate metals stably. This function optimizes molding conditions automatically, and helps minimize the process of trial and error.
- The local shield function eliminates oxygen in the environment around the molding process to prevent the oxidation of molten metal. This chamber-free method enables the molding of titanium, aluminum, and other materials vulnerable to oxidation, in an air environment.